September 28, 2009

Luke Rudkowski: A Voice of Reason and Justice



Life tests us everyday to be more convincing warriors of liberty and truth. One day gone is another missed opportunity to right the problems of the world. In our situation, every single day counts. In times of anxiety and dread such as ours it is the determination of a few brave individuals that helps guide justice to her proper place in society, which is simultaneously at the seat of our souls and the heart of our cities, and Luke Rudkowski is one of those brave individuals.

Starting a protest on any given day in the downtown corridors of our cities should be among our first rights as citizens of the world. Our divine creator wouldn't want it any other way. Too fight for what matters in the streets makes us alive. Rebelling against unjust circumstances is a healthy reaction in all of us, and Luke Rudkowski has done that by nurturing his well in-tuned instincts, and conscience. He took charge upon first hearing about the real criminal characters behind the attacks on 9/11. His persistence is inspiring to all the warriors in this very lonely and sometimes quiet battlefield.

The few men I admire bear an acute sensitivity in their actions and choice of words. From the distance, I see myself saying what Luke is saying behind the bullhorn. In him, the message of truth, liberty, and justice, is carried out without any hateful overtones or distasteful antics. Luke's noble efforts in Pittsburgh further revealed what a thoughtful and righteous man he is. His consideration for the masked police troopers as fellow human beings showed good sense, and a clear-headedness that should be emulated by all of us in this fight. True, some of these unthinking bastards go out of their way to instigate violence and crush any form of dissent, but some of them are also being put in a situation they don't want to be in. Their behavior resemble guard dogs who are trained to protect their owners' homes. A part of me feels they are responsible for the extremes they go to, but another part tells me that it is not their fault. I'm not trying to explain away their mindless actions, but I am trying to put it in perspective. Just as it isn't criminal to think, it isn't criminal to not to think. So we cannot blame them. It is their job to gear up and protect the lives of their masters, and in our demoralized world, that passes as a good enough excuse, however destructive those jobs may be.

I may be speaking blasphemy, after all, these are shock troops, but I know what I know. They are not Nazi officials, they did not sign up for this. Germans actively sought out the SS and joined them, whereas American police officers are brought under federal and corporate control through different, and more sinister means. Some are outright bribed with cash and cool weapons, most are brainwashed, and some are just plain old pleasure seekers. And I can't be too mad at the last bunch, because in a way, they're presence is heightening our lives and our history. For a while, the world was stale, but the attitude of indifference to inhumane suffering anywhere in the world is changing every day, and it wouldn't be wise of us to just expect that our rulers would come down and go into the woods. A fight is coming, and that is not a bad thing.

But the rational way of handling these careless troopers is not by starting the fight first, or pissing them off, but simply by getting out of their way, or even better, by ignoring them. We have to think on our feet and maneuver ourselves around them. Civil disobedience doesn't necessarily mean we must face off the fascist police in a literal fashion. Being creative is more than painting colors on your face, or wearing quirky clothing, it is essentially about thinking strategically and bypassing our oppressors. The trouble is that these bastards are not totally unthinking creatures, they can encircle a crowd the way a sheepdog is able to round up the sheep and lead them to the barn. When they have us cornered, the first thing to do is remain calm, stay together, and act as one body. We cannot let them disperse us and attack as individually. That is the way to physical and spiritual defeat.

Of course, it is very easy to say all of this now. I'm not so sure I'll be able to get a hold of myself during a confrontation with the oppressors' action toys. I might scream out a few insults at them. I am very stubborn and may not comply to any thing the masked fascists have to say, but I hope I can prepare myself mentally first, before I go out and finally grip the sword. Will my Apollonian nature hold tight, or will my Dionysian instincts take over? It remains to be seen. Until then, Luke Rudkowski will serve as my example, and I am proud to say so.