December 12, 2012

Netanyahu Tells Hamas Leader Meshal In Private Letter: "I thank you with all my heart"

Alan Hart writes:
Hey readers, I’ve got a scoop. It’s the text of a letter – don’t ask me how I got it – from Israeli Prime Minister Netanyahu to Hamas leader Meshal.
In his letter, Netanyahu expressed gratitude to the Hamas leader for clarifying Hamas's real position about the state of Israel in his recent speech in Gaza. Netanyahu said: 
Thanks to what you said in Gaza, I can now look European and other leaders in the eye and say, “It’s not me who doesn’t understand Hamas’s real position, it’s you.” And if they continue to tell me I should accept Hamas as a party to negotiations, I can and will tell them to go to hell. 

As I told my cabinet colleagues shortly after you had spoken in Gaza, if we handed over territory in Judea and Samaria, we’d be inviting rocket and missile attacks from there on Tel Aviv. And that, I told my colleagues, is why no government I lead will ever bow to international pressure and put Israel’s security at risk. 

The old year is about to end and my wish is that you won’t see a new one.
Even though the guy is an obnoxious liar, I've got to admit that Netanyahu has a point. Hamas's vision for Palestine does not include the presense of a Jewish state. As its leader said, Hamas does not intend to live beside a country called Israel.

But, Netanyahu and his totalitarian party are also not interested in living beside a country called Palestine. The Israeli military assassinated the man in Hamas who was ready and willing to make peace. That irresponsible act by Israel triggered the latest clash. 


So, at the end of the day, there is not much difference between the two parties. Israel's right-wing leadership and Hamas are mirror opposites. They need each other to survive politically. Netanyahu and Meshal are brothers in a twisted sense. 

If the leader of Hamas was wise and had the security of his people in mind then he would've recognized the existence of Israel in his speech. Instead, he used the dramatic occasion to beat his chest like a wild ape and declare "every inch" in Palestine/Israel to be sacred holy ground belonging to them only.

Neither Netanyahu nor Meshal are wise men. They're brutes. They have no problem with sacrificing the lives of millions to achieve their crazy and murderous dreams of conquest.

Alan Hart writes:
The only madness is in the mind of Netanyahu and more than a few of his cabinet colleagues.


And one more point. The man who is contributing most to the process that may well lead to the destruction of the “Jewish state” is Netanyahu himself. If that was only my Gentile opinion it would not matter, but there is today a still small but growing number of Jews, including some Israelis, who are aware of this and saying so.


In that light Meshal could respond to Netanyahu’s letter with these words: “No, prime minister, it is me who has to thank you for what you are doing to destroy your state!”